Sophie's Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentines Day

Well having read everyone else's posts about valentines day I thought that I should write an account of mine. Well I thought it was a lovely day, but then that is partly due to the fact of my having receiving 2 cards!
I got up at 8am in order to catch the 10.30 train back to Bath. Unfortunately, or fortunately, there were no people giving out free chocolate soya milk this time (disgusting stuff! I don't know how Sarah browncross drinks it!). So onto the train I struggled with my bag in one hand, laptop in the other and rucksack on my back (ok so I only came home for a week, but there was washing to be done! It is quite scary, I am turning into one of those students who bring their washing home, although I have done it a couple of times up here in Bath.). It was a very good trip, and by 12.01 I was in Bath. 30 minutes later I was standing outside my door and there were 2 valentines cards sellotaped to the door! They were only printed from the computer but they were still both very sweet. (from Tom and Duncan)
I met up for lunch with my friend Claire, and we both went to choices (like school food but slightly better, it means that you don't have to do any cooking and washing up which is great when you are feeling lazy!). I then proceeded to unpack, and later on Tom and Duncan came to visit. Of course I said thank you to both of them.
In the evening Tom and I were going to go to caddies (local nightclub) but it was very full, so we went to The Playground instead (also night club but that plays rock music. (I felt slightly out of place in my pink 3/4 length jacket thing as everyone seemed to be in black!). But anyway, Tom was really sweet and bought me all my drinks (I didn't drink that much though, only 3 smirnoff ices, although they did make me feel slightly tipsy! Let's just say that nearer the midnight mark I was able to dance, well I say dance I mean shake my hair around. Everyone was doing it ok!). And to make a lovely day even nicer, Tom asked me out at the end of it, and I said yes.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home