Sophie's Blog

Friday, August 27, 2004

Results

Why hello everyone. This of course is where u say hello to me. As I can't hear you, I will assume that you did it in an acceptably loud and jovial tone.
But anyway, I realized today that I hadn't written anything about receiving my A level results last week. So this is what I am going to tell you about! It is the first time actually that I went to collect my results. I was in Spain the 2 previous years, and so missed out on the suspense as the envelope opens and your whole life flashes before your mind, only to find that you did ok after all! Well apart from last year. I didn't do very well then, and my mum rang me in a supermarket in Spain (not the best place to receive your results I must admit!) and this is where I was told! I'm not sure how but I ended up sitting on the beach crying. I couldn't even ring my parents because my credit had run out from them ringing me (stupid phone companies who make you pay when you receive a call when you are abroad!). But I managed to pull myself together, and have now ended up with some half decent results. Well I think so, not every one needs AAAAA Sarah!!!!! Urgh, you are far too clever.
But anyway, I am now set to go to university which is a completely terrifying prospect. I will have to look after myself, which I will do without any problems but it is all very daunting. And I will have to budget, I can't just say 'Mum please can we buy that!' because I will have to work out whether I can afford it or not!!!
I just ran spell check and I was shocked at how many mistakes it came up with! Ok most of them were typing errors, but lots of them were , ok i don't know what this word is in english someone will have to tell me. In french it is anglicisme when you make a mistake because that it how it is in english but don't know what it is called when you make a mistake in english because that is how it is spelt in french. like when i wrote enveloppe instead of envelope. Umm noone will have understood a word that I said, but never mind! That is 7 years at a french school for you.
It is late so i will post this and go to bed I think although equally I may not!
Bonsoir, faites de beaux reves. Je ne pense pas que la majorite d'entre vous vont comprendre ce que j'ecris la, mais enfin ce n'est pas grave. Aurevoir et grosses bises.

4 Comments:

  • urgh the stupid thing won't let me edit this post, all I want to do is add a letter! Grrrrrrr

    By Blogger sophie, at 8/27/2004 11:44 pm  

  • Hehehe, blogs can be cruel sometimes. You do realise that you got through that entire post without actually revealing your results? On the other hand, you did reveal Sarah's results so that might be ok.
    Oh who cares I knew them both already and I must say congratulations you brainy one you! Hurrah!
    Helen xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/30/2004 11:18 am  

  • Well for anyone who wants to know, I got AAAB! Sorry I didn't tell u in the actual post. I got a bit carried away!

    By Blogger sophie, at 8/30/2004 6:28 pm  

  • Very well done Sophie. And as for all that french all i can say is :

    y'what?!

    By Blogger Chard, at 8/30/2004 8:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home