Sophie's Blog

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Mother's day

Umm despite the title I am not going to be writing about mother's day. I just thought that I should point out that it is today, and if you haven't rung your mum yet, then ring her quick!
Well what am I going to tell you lovely people about? Well on Friday evening 9 of us trampolining club people piled into a minibus and went to Portsmouth because the following day we had a trampoline competition in Southampton. Sleeping bags on the floor really aren't very comfortable, and not enough sleep was had, but no matter, many of us finished our night at the competition. Sleeping bags are very useful because you can get them out anywhere including university sports halls, curl up in them and fall asleep ;-) .
So anyway, Saturday was the day of the competition, and I competed in the intermediate category. My set routine went well, and then the dilemma came, should I put a back somersault into my voluntary routine, or should I stick to a full turn?! Keep in mind here that 2 days ago I hadn't done any back summies on my own before, but that 2 days later I was thinking about competing with one! I did put it in, and although it wasn't the best one in the world, I got a tremendous sense of achievement from having done it. So anyway, I came 14th out of 45 in my category, and our intermediate team came 2nd! So I got a medal! Wooooo. hehe.
that's all for the minute, I am still recovering from last night, cos when I got home Emily convinced me that I should go to the campus bar with her and her friend where she proceeded to get me quite drunk. Not good! But anyway, that's all for now, so bye bye!!!

2 Comments:

  • Tutututut I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, dearie me, little Sophie getting drunk? What is the world coming to? Hahaha but yay well done with the trampolining!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2005 8:38 pm  

  • Congrats my dear on the trampolining! Also congrats with being as disgraceful as me when it comes to affairs with alcohol ;)
    xxx

    By Blogger sarah hb, at 3/06/2005 8:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home