Sophie's Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Life and stuff

Why does organizing things always seem to be so difficult? I have been landed in a position of responsibility and I can't even find a driver to get me to Birmingham and back for a competition. Ridiculous. The sooner the end of the year comes and a new committee takes over, the better.
On a lighter note, I have had a nice half week so far. Sunday was lovely, I went to Surrey university to compete in trampolining BUSA's (British university sports association) and came 9th out of 100, which means that I qualified for the finals. I'm not sure whether I actually want to go to the finals in lancaster though because I know that I have not a chance of getting a podium position and I qualified through luck more than anything else. Well, by luck I mean that my routines went well for the first time ever. I'll end up going because the university likes people going to BUSA's and getting into finals. It increases their points in the league. They need all the points they can get if they ever want to compete with Loughborough.
Yesterday my mum, sister and Millie (dog) came to visit me here in Bath. It was nice to see them. We went for a lovely walk along the skyline, which has the prettiest views of the city imaginable. Millie was a pain though and decided to roll in some poo, silly dog! So we had to go to the RSPCA shop and buy some dog shampoo and give her a wash when we got back.
Tried to go to the theatre but was sold out. Not surprising really, as is Dawn French and a famous singer but can't remember her name, playing in it.
The times gave me a free newspaper today, and the film Rebecca, which I must read and watch at some point. I never seem to have any time at the moment. Am preparing a presentation for Monday on the Falklands. It really was a stupid war that, and issues over the islands still haven't been resolved.
Ohh and we are having our windows fitted with double glazing! Just in time for the summer! hehe! But it will be nice to cut some of the noise from the road out, and will make the house warmer. Unfortunately the putty he is using to seal the windows with stinks to high heaven and the whole house smells!

5 Comments:

  • 9th out of 100! Many congratulations! And don't be so humble. I'm sure you deserve all the fortune you get! I wish you the very best if you decide to go for the finals. And congratulations to Millie for her coprophilic antics. That must have been charming...

    By Blogger HHM, at 2/19/2006 2:32 am  

  • Impressively done with the trampolining. You should be proud. You have an impressed look from me.

    Was it in the ivy covered sports hall?

    By Blogger FreeWildebeest, at 2/19/2006 11:12 am  

  • Haha thank you Toby and Hane. Yes it was in the ivy covered sports hall. It was really cold in there! I don't understand why they don't heat sports halls up!

    By Blogger sophie, at 2/19/2006 11:22 am  

  • You are a star! And boo hiss to smelly window putty :P

    By Blogger sarah hb, at 2/19/2006 9:53 pm  

  • echoing the commments from toby and hane, meny congrats!

    By Blogger Catchpole, at 2/21/2006 1:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home