Sophie's Blog

Saturday, September 04, 2004

The end of an era

Well for many a reason it is going to be the end of an era for myself and my school friends. The most obvious reason being that we are all going to university if not this year then next year. There is one working in a school for a year, another is learning Italian at an incredibly fast pace, yet another one is doing a cookery course followed by a spell as a chalet girl, and so the list continues! And then there are all of us boring people who are going directly to university! Oxford, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Brighton, York, roehampton, the number of places I have been invited to visit friends at, I don't think I will have a free weekend for years!
It is very strange though after so many years together (ok JAGS has only been for 2 years, but I was at the Lycee for 9 years) we should be splitting up so decisively and going to opposite ends of the country. One of my best friends is going to Scotland! It shouldn't be allowed.
Then of course there are all the things that I have had to give up in my life that I have always done and I won't be a part of anymore. No more gymnastics at Tooting gymnastics club. It has been so much a part of my life that I cried when I had to say good bye to people. I wasn't just saying good bye to friends, they are like family. I have taken part in classes there since the age of 7 and been a coach for the past 2 years. And now I am being replaced by other people. It is very strange. It was always me Izzie and Katya but now......... No more displays, running round maniacally changing leotard and running out just that little bit late. Having to move all the equipment round, as well as do all the routines, including the coaches one which no one is supposed to have seen before hand, although Tara always does! But no this year for the first time ever, I will be just a spectator, relegated to watching the display. Of course there is also the chance that I am stuck behind a curtain to do the music, a job which Katherine is trying hard to avoid this year!
The other thing that I am stopping is my paper round. I am not quite as fond of this as of gymnastics but still! It has provided entertainment on a Thursday afternoon. Folding, inserting the leaflets and then distributing. It is what gave me my money. Well I got plenty from gym but that was put straight into the bank account so it wasn't as easy to access.
But am bored with this blog now! So I shall talk to u all soon, bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home