Sophie's Blog

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Rye

For the past week I have been residing in a caravan in Rye harbour. I was joined by the lovely Claire, my mum, my sister and of course Millie the dog. I love caravans so much, especially when it is raining. The sound of the rain on the rooftop is so lovely, it really reminds me of my childhood. We used to own a caravan you see, and when it rained we would put on news broadcasts. Everyone would stand under the orning, and the news reader would be inside the caravan and make up some pretty unlikely stories about our neighbours in the surrounding caravans and such like. Good fun for all the family! Ohhh the other thing I love about caravans is caravan cereal! The packets of 10 different cereals in a packet, and you get to choose which one you want to eat. Brilliant invention that! It's one of the only times when I will eat cereal in the morning. Whistling kettles are great too!
But anyway, Rye Harbour, it's right by the sea so we had lovely long walks along the beach. Listening to the swooshing of the waves. Its very relaxing and calming, just what I needed. Claire and I even went paddling in the water which was suprisingly warm. We went in as far as our knees, and of course our jeans which had been rolled up as far as possible, got soaking wet. In order to get to the sea at low tide we had to walk over lots of sand which would turn into squelchy mud unexpectedly. We sank into this mud, at times up to or past our ankles. It was horrible stuff!
When we got bored of the sea, we cycled into Rye, which is a very pretty town. My uncle and aunt live in Mermaid street which is very handy as we were able to leave the bikes in their garden. Lots of shopping was done in Rye, especially looking through their many charity shops. I bought a pair of Levi's for 50p! We ate far too much fudge, and had tea in my aunts coffee house. Ooooh and there was a fun fair. That was fun too.
Back in the caravan, many board and card games were played, and little revision was attempted. So now am very behind on what I should know! Thankfully, my first exam is in a week, so have plenty of time to revise for it.
That is all for the moment. Speak to lots of you soon, and good luck to anyone with exams coming up.

1 Comments:

  • Hurrah it sounds fabulous! Much luck with the exammy things

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/05/2005 2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home