Sophie's Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Well I haven't blogged in ages, except of course for yesterday, so I have lots to write about! It will probably still be a pitifully short post, as I don't seem to have helen's knack for writing paragraphs on not very much!
Ok, i will start with revision week, a long long time ago (I can still remember...) it was revision week, and I took my friend Claire along with me and my mum and sister to stay in a caravan in Rye. We stayed a week and had lots of lovely sea side walks and uncle/aunt/cousin visiting. I think I have already blogged about it, so won't go into too much detail.

I then had a week at home, during which I was meant to be revising. Well I can tell you that not much revision occurred. Who revises when there are friends to catch up with or meet for the first time, tv to be watched, dogs to walk, computers to chat on? Well I don't! Anyway, I returned to uni on the Thursday as I had an exam on the Monday. Not that I did any more revision at uni, no, I went to salsa on Sunday and got dragged into town to perform in Walcott street festival because they didn't have enough followers for rueda, and then we all sat in the pub and had a drink. Lovely way to spend an afternoon before an exam I think!

Anyway, my exam was at 1.00pm so I got up a couple of hours before and had time for an hours revision. It was only Spanish grammar you see so that is all i needed to do for it. Well hopefully I didn't need any more than that, but I'll see if it was a mistake when I get my results! My next exam was on the Thursday and was accounting which required significantly more revision, so the next 2 days were spent in the kitchen with Claire learning what a profit and loss account, balance sheet, variance analysis, ABC costing, etc. were!

With that exam taken, Claire and I jumped onto a train and headed to her house (somewhere near London) for a long weekend, and needed break from work. She has a trampoline in her back garden! It's brilliant, we spent lots and lots of time on that and I taught her some new moves such as swivel hips(seat drop half turn seat drop), back drops and other such simple moves. The weather was beautiful so we spent lots of time lounging around in the sun and actually managed to get tan marks! Isn't that amazing! I didn't even go red! On the Friday, we set off for the lovely city that is Cambridge for a day out. Although it only took 1h30 to drive there, finding parking was a pain and took us at least an hour. Once that was sorted we had a wander around taking a look at all the lovely colleges. Strawberries and yoghurt were purchased in the market. They were very nice! Ohhh and yogurt covered raisins tooo! Lovely. :-) After lunch we headed down to St Johns where we were met by my friend Izzie who gave us a whistle stop tour of the place before she headed off for bumps. On passing the river, we decided that it would be a good idea to go punting. So off we set armed with a punt and a long stick. It took a little while to fully understand the mechanics of moving in the right direction, but we were off when we worked out that you could use the stick as a rudder. I managed to lose the stick, it got stuck in the mud at the bottom of the river. Oooops. But we got it back much to the amusement of onlookers and continued on our merry way. Very tired by the exertion that punting entailed, we lazed in the sun for a bit before finally heading back to Claire's. On the Saturday we went to an open air Shakespeare production of 'The taming of the shrew'. It was very good, although I'm not sure I quite agreed with the motive of the story, which went along the lines of taming a willful wife until she was totally obedient. Huh, surely independence is a good thing! Sunday we spent in the sunshine and trampolining. Ohh and we had a waterfight! Who said I was mature?! It was brilliant, we were completely soaking wet by the end. Very refreshing!

We headed back for university on the Monday so that we would be ready for our Tuesday quantitative methods exam (statistics). Wednesday was spent frantically revising for Thursdays economics exam. Now I know that this one was multiple choice, but it was evil I tell you! There were deductions awarded for incorrect answers, and I've never seen such horribly difficult questions. I don't like economics! But it was my last exam so I am happy! After the exam we went to sit by the lake with a drink from the parade and chatted until late. We were going to go to Weston super mare on the Friday but it was pouring down with rain, so we abandoned that idea and just chilled instead. When the weather brightened up jack, Emma, Claire and myself played some frisbee and some rounders in the field.

Saturday was the summer ball. I will tell you about that in a separate post, as this one is getting rather long. And Sunday brought the arrival of my dear mother and with her the wonderful joys of packing!

I think that that is all I have to tell you all for the moment, summer ball will be in the next installment!

1 Comments:

  • Hurrah for length! And who did say you were mature? How deceived they were....hehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/29/2005 4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home