Sophie's Blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Random Post about Aries

Having completed the questions about myself, I decided to investigate what being an Aries was supposed to mean, and whether I fitted the average profile or not. (I also haven’t blogged properly in ages and thought this was a good chance to do so!) Also I met my dad’s new neighbour a few days after my birthday so she worked out that I was Aries, and nodded in a way that suggested I fitted the profile. I think she said something along the line of Aries being quiet, responsible people. Ummm…
Obviously the profile of an average Aries is going to be quite broad, but I will see what conclusions I come up with anyway!

First some general information:
Aries is the zodiac sign for those born between the 21st of March (spring equinox) and the 19th of April. Being born on the 5th April, there is no doubt that I fit this requirement!
The emblem of Aries is the Ram, a determined fighter and a powerful adversary. The young ram is adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, enthusiastic and full of energy.

Well I could be a powerful adversary I suppose. I’d never really thought about it!

Mythology
Aries, The Ram, is the first of the twelve zodiacal constellations, and in Greek myth represents the animal whose fleece was sought by Jason and the Argonauts. Legend has it that when King Athamus of Boetia took a second wife, Ino, she was jealous of his existing children, especially his son, Phrixus. She therefore arranged for the crops to fail and persuaded the king to have his son sacrificed to the gods. Despite pleadings from the boy’s mother, King Athamus agreed to the sacrifice but, at the last minute, the boy and his sister, Helle, were saved by a magnificent ram with a golden fleece, sent by Zeus in answer to their mother’s prayers. Unfortunately, as the ram crossed the narrow stretch of water between Europe and Asia, Helle fell to her death but Phrixus was carried safely to land.

Aries in Love
Fire flies higher with Air signs.
Fire is secure with Earth signs.
Fire loses spark with Water signs.
Fire dances with Fire.

The gritty stuff
‘Ariens are always overflowing with ideas, schemes and plans to conquer the world, for a well-aspected sun in Aries radiates power and vitality. Many a moth has been burned in its flame!’
Humm, not sure about this one. I don’t recall ever having any thoughts of world domination. Maybe they are still to come! Although I haven’t seen any moths around recently… maybe I am taking over the world subconsciously. Now that is something to think about!

‘Mars, planet of high energy, aggression and assertion, arguments, fighting, and sex is the ruler of Aries. Mars is the doer, the warrior; he has youthful, physically active, and sometimes combative energy. Aries natives need some kind of physical activity as an outlet for this high energy. They tend to be good at sports and enjoy physical activities like dancing, hiking, or peace marches.’ I think this means that I am quite aggressive, and argumentative, which I would tend to disagree with. On the other hand I do do a lot of sports and it has been said that on the days I don’t do any I get a little hyper…So that would be the high energy then!

Arians are great organisers and leaders, full of flair and originality and can organise fantastic and impressive ventures. Unfortunately, despite your desire to be the front-runner in all that is done, sometimes your fire element means that you lack discipline and the capacity for prolonged effort and can just wander off, or sit back and allow the lesser folk to have their way.
Not sure about the wanting to be the front runner in EVERYTHING that I do! But I do get bored really easily and wander off to do other things.

In your personal relationships Arians are frank, direct and candid, and make enthusiastic and generous friends. There is, however, a negative side to your associations with other people. You can easily be irritated by slowness or moderation in your companions and, though yourselves sensitive, ride roughshod over the sensitivities of others. Please do tell me if I ever disregard your sensitivity. :-S . I can be a little blunt at times, but I think that is more of a french thing than an Aries one! But i like the thought that I am an enthusiastic friend, Claire told me the other day that I was perfect, which is a little far fetched, but it agrees with the generosity and stuff. Modest aren't I!


StrengthsWeaknesses

Headstrong, Courageous

Self-absorbed
Impulsive, adventurousOblivious to surroundings
AssertiveAgressive
First, self-motivating, initiating Impatient
Honest, straightforward Opinionated
Active, childlike, energetic
CompetitiveArgumentative
Independent
YouthfulProvocative
Idealistic, defenderAngry
Passionate
Fun, popularLoud
Charming

This shows characteristics of an aries person. I will leave you to decide which I portray. I can't decide!

(I can't remember how to put lines between cells on html tables. Ooops! Never mind, this will have to do for now until I sort it out!)

I'm bored of this now, so I am going to leave you with the conclusion that I seem to fit quite a few of the characteristics of an Aries, although that isn't that surprising given the broad spectrum of characteristics they have included!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home