Sophie's Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Filling time

Hello all you wonderful bloggers out there who still bother to read my blog! I am going to try and remember interesting things that have happened in the past few weeks since my last blog. I have to warn you in advance that most of these will be related to trampolining or gymnastics in some way as work is generally boring!

Looking way back into the past, there was the very exciting event that is the Bath trampolining competition. It was great fun because so many of my friends went. The comp was really well organized and run thanks to Lady Emily! She is THE most organized person you will ever come across, and is also chair of the trampoline club. They should have told me that you had to be organized before making me chair gymnastics! But anyway, the competition went very well and I came 3rd in my category, won a team silver and came 2nd in the syncro event. Sop a pretty good medal haul I think! All I was missing was a gold, but never mind! That will come one day... I am far too demanding aren't I!
Anyway, moving on we come to the Gymnastics BUSA competition. It was held in Lilleshall National Sports Centre, near Telford, in a purpose built gym (*drool*). Why don't we have one of them? The university has spent millions on a brand new sports centre, and didn't include a gymnastics centre. Grrrrrrr! But anyway, it was great fun, we watched the amazing grade 1 competitiors and then it was our go! We competed on vault and floor, and came 11th overall as a team. (out of 18 teams). After the competition I played in all the pits and all the trampolines, it was great!
Trampolining BUSAS were the following day, I was driven there by Jenny on the Saturday evening. We sang throughout the 3 hour drive to various tracks, including songs by alanis morisette, alisha's attic, robbie williams and others. By the time we arrived in Lancaster, it was 11 pm and we were both ready for bed! Sunday morning, and a hot cross bun later, we drove to the sorts hall where the trampoline competition was being held. Ummm hot cross buns are yummy, especially when they have been toasted and have a bit of margarine melted on them.
But anyway, back to the sports hall, it took us ages to find it, there was a full blown blizzard going on outside, to the point that when we got into the sports hall they announced that we should book somewhere to stay for that evening because they didn't think that people would be able to get home! All the trains were cancelled, and cars couldn't get out of the car park because they had to go up a slope, and it was covered in ice! But anyway, we managed to get home fine in the end as the snow slowed down. I did my 2 routines right at the start of the day, I screwed them up a bit, but never mind, I came 17th overall in the end, which I am pleased with because I was not last! Anyway, that was last weekend.

Monday I can't remember much from other than the usual ridiculous number of lectures. Tuesday I had a group meeting all day, ohh the fun life of a student! Wednesday was similar during the day and then I when out in the evening, and got a little drunk. Ooops. My grammar class at 9.15 the next morning was fun! The day was then spent in another group meeting. Friday, guess what, I had another group meeting! Can you see a pattern emerging here?! And then I went shopping in town, and bought lots of pretty clothes, yey! A pair of trousers and 2 t-shirts. On Saturday I went to Bristol with Claire in the morning and bought more clothes! A really really nice jumper and some walking shoes, because my mum kept telling me to buy some!
That brings us to today, I had yet another group meeting, ohh the fun of I all. In case you are wondering they are for the various pieces of coursework due in at the moment in the form of essays or presentations. Yeah I know, my life is thrilling is it not!

1 Comments:

  • I am thrilled..and it all sounds most bouncy and your jumper looks lovely.

    But you didn't mention coming to Swansea...oh yeah...that would be due to the lack of visiting :(

    :D

    By Blogger JAJ, at 3/20/2006 10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home