Sophie's Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Honey, its cold out there!

I was lying in bed yesterday, and i had the most brilliant idea for a post. I had even thought about how I would start it. Much to my dismay, i can't remember for the life of me what I was going to write about! Oh well, its can't have been that interesting then can it! Hehe

I just watched the saddest film, I was crying like a baby all the way through it. (Sarah wasn't even vaguely sympathetic!) It was about a lady with a terminal illness and her fight to have assisted suicide legalised in Canada. It must be so hard to be in a situation like that, not only for the patient, but also for the family. I can't even begin to imagine it. I don't want to go into a long rambling post about palliative care, passive and active euthanasia so I will leave it at that.

I have an exam in less than a week, and I have not done have the reading I am meant to have! Oops... I should be doing it now! Have any of you noticed that my blogging rate increases significantly when I have coursework to hand in, or an exam coming up?! I'm not avoiding anything, really! I will read a couple of chapters in a sec. i read 4.5 last night, and 2 on Saturday, so I am getting through the material little by little. Go me!

Its getting cold here, booooo. I liked Buenos Aires better when it was hot! Not only is it cold, but the mosquitoes seem to have developed resistance to the dropping temperatures and are still buzzing around. Horrible things. They seem to particularly enjoy my blood... I always get bitten at least twice as much as anyone else. How is this fair?! Maybe I am just sweeter than the rest :-)

I may do my reading tomorrow morning instead... ie. get up at 6am or so and read for a couple of hours then. It will be quiet at least. The only problem is that when i use this strategy I tend to add 30 mins repeatedly to my alarm clock until I wake up at the normal time anyway! :-S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home