Sophie's Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Summer Ball

Saturday evening was the summer ball which I wasn't going to go to due to the fact that Tom had the tickets, and i broke up with him over a month ago now. However, when I walked to Claire's room, I saw his parents, and after having run for cover in order to avoid them spotting me, I wondered what he had done with the tickets, as he obviously wasn't going to the ball. I was sitting in Claire's room discussing this with her when we decided that we should ask him. Well I say we, but it was a lot easier to send Claire along to ask him! hehe. It's still a bit awkward between us, as he doesn't seem to want to get over me, silly boy! So I sent Claire running off to find him, and he told her that the tickets were bluetacked to the freezer in his kitchen. He also asked whether I was going with her, and she said probably. Apparently he looked a little upset at this. Oooops! Anyway, we collected the tickets, and then proceeded to decide what to wear. We had to drive down to Claire's new house in bath into which she had moved all her stuff, including ball dresses. We had a quick dinner, got changed and off we set.




We proceeded to the ball, were we were handed a glass of bucks fizz and entertained by mime artists, and stilt walkers and a steel band. We then decided to head to the funfair. Yes that's right funfair! We had a go on the dodgems, and on the Jimeny cricket ride too, it went round and round and bounced up and down. Inferno was given a miss though. After some coconuts were won at the coconut shy and a lovely green visor from the other stall we headed back to the parade to chat to more people.






We spent the evening in various locations, we tried our hand at a little roulette, unsuccessfully, went to the comedy in elements and finally ended up in the sports hall where most of the music was being played. In the sports hall there was a van Gogh picture studio! All I could think of was Sarah B's obsession with the thing! So Claire and I had a photo taken/painted by the computer. We also had one done where we appeared to be someone else, in my case buffy. Did I mention earlier that all of these things were free? I don't think I did! Well they were! It was great! So anyway, we then listened to the music. The chip shop boys were on first. They were great, they played all the classics that you want to hear such as 'Build me up buttercup' and 'Hey Jude', then there was a band called a hundred reasons. They weren't very good, you can't dance to rock music in ball gowns! In the middle Katy Hill compered! She wasn't anything like she is on Blue Peter, it was really strange actually! She kept on going on about how fit the guys were at the university of bath and blah blah blah. And to finish the night off there was a DJ. He played some really good music too. I was there till the end, and left at 2am. It was a really good night, especially since I managed to find Nathan amongst the crowds :-). hehe

1 Comments:

  • Why not sign up for this years BUG BROTHER...coming soon to a blog near you.

    www.jajblog.blogspot.com

    Comment on the BUG BROTHER post to become a housebug.

    By Blogger JAJ, at 7/06/2005 2:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home