Sophie's Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The passing of days

I have discovered that my memory is appalling when it comes to remembering what I have done over the past week. Try as I might the information is not forthcoming, so I will do my best to patch together my activities of the week.
I have already told you all about receiving the llama, and I wanted to thank you all for your name suggestions. As I have not yet thought of an appropriate name for said llama, I will leave you in suspense a little longer (well those of you who might possibly care, ie. Not many) and you will be notified of my decision shortly. Gosh this all sounds very formal doesn't it, never mind lets continue.
Time seems to have flown by and I have done not nearly as much revision as I should have considering the impending examinations. These are chores that we are put through every term and which really should be abolished. Whoever came up with the idea really should be shot! There is a song in France which school kids sing:

Qui a eu cette idee folle, d'un jour inventer l'ecole?
Qui a eu cette idee folle, d'un jour inventer l'ecole?
C'est ce sacre Charlemagne!
Sacre Charlemagne!
(Who had the crazy idea, of one day inventing school? bis
It was that stupid Charlemagne, Stupid Charlemagne) Thats not quite the proper translation but it will do. I'm not sure how to translate sacre!
Ok so the song is about school rather than exams but still! I have just skipped around the house singing it, and my housemates think I am a little crazy hehe. Well we al knew that already!
Ok well looking back a few days brings me to Thursday, a lovely day, and that of my friend claire's birthday. We went to Cafe Uno and ate far too much very nice food. On the way we bought a cake for Claire and gave it the waiters on the way in without her seeing, which was very clever of us really :-D. I was sat next to ed, one of Claire's housemates, and we had an ice war! It sounds silly now, but I think the two of us kept our side of the table very amused with our antics. The other side was a lot more demure. Ed kept giving me lots of ice in my glass, and no water, and so I gave it back to him, and it all continued from that really... I ended up putting ice down his top too oops! He couldn't slip any down my back as my hair was in the way, what a pity! Mature aren't we. When it came to the cake time, we tried to ask the waiter inconspicuously to bring the cake as he seemed to have forgotten, which of course did not work. he looked very confused and mumbled something about being in the process of bringing ordered puddings out. It was obvious he didn't understand what we were asking! Anyway, it finally clicked and the cake arrived to Claire's delight. After lunch we all trooped back to my house and drank some pimms, or was it sangria? I can't remember. Both are very nice after all.
Friday was my brothers 18th birthday, but as he is in London, and I in Bath, I did not see him. They grow up so quickly do they not? It makes me feel old having an 18 year old brother, and I'm only just 20! Anyway, back to Friday, I had a long chat with will instead of seeing him which was nice, I don't talk to him enough really. And I went to claire's where we played some board games. I don't see the attraction of board games personally. Lots of my friends like stategic ones, but they are just sooo boring! Following the games we had a girly sleepover which is always fun, and we chatted till 2ish about life and such like. The usual, those of you who have had girly sleepovers will know the general topics of conversation covered :-).
Saturday I did some more work, and then made a rhubarb and apple crumble which was very yummy. I do like rhubarb, its been ages since I last ate some. Oooh and I watched Eurovision! Woooo, the others just about put up with it hehe. I'm not sure they see the charm of it. I have good memories of eurovision though. Its one of those family or friends nights where everyone gathers round the tv and makes fun of the acts. Its great! Ohh and did you all see the national lottery get overtaken by fathers for justice that was exciting! It was even on the news after eurovision. Today, I have read lots of my book, which Jenny keeps laughing at me about as it is in French! I painted a plaster cast mask which was fun, a good passtime, which I recommend to you all. I shall be painting the clock which I was given for my birthday soon, once the first exams are over at least. I also made a pasta bake for dinner, which was nice. The best bit is always the cheese on top, but I usually get told off for scraping that bit off. Claire made tiffin which is always lovely. I think that my house is going to start a tiffin appreciation society :-)
Thats all that has happened in Sophie land over the past few days. Nothing very exciting but all pleasant. Hopefully everyone has had nice enjoyable weekends.

3 Comments:

  • Yay! Sophie land sounds fun at the moment. Except it has too much french in it for my liking.

    By Blogger Kirsten, at 5/21/2006 10:26 pm  

  • Il n'y a rien mal avec le Français! Tout le monde sait qu'ils sont plus sophistiqués que nous. Cependant, leurs chefs sont un peu prétentieux...

    By Blogger HHM, at 5/22/2006 2:13 am  

  • Oh good grief it's contagious...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/23/2006 9:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home