Sophie's Blog

Monday, September 20, 2004

Barcelona (part 2)

Ok so where did I get to? Ohhh yes Saturday.

I think that I will leave Saturday as it is. Oooo except to say that I got given 5 roses! Aren't I a popular little lady! hehe.

Sunday I went to the parque de la ciutedella, and searched high and low for the zoo there but to no avail. I followed sign posts and everything but I just couldn't find it! Ohh well, I was slightly disappointed though! There isn't all that much more to say really. In the end I sat under a tree and read Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone in Spanish. Hehe, was very good!!!!!

Monday I had classes in the morning because I had asked to be changed, but the class is a lot bigger and the conversation teacher is really awful, though the other one is good. The grammar teacher has a totally unpronounceable name though! Meritxell is her name, or something similar.

Umm I have kind of forgotten most of what went on last week. Crap memory or what!!!!! Ohh I went to the beach on Wednesday I think with a Swiss girl and German guy. On Thursday I went back to the police station to try to report the case of the stolen bag! I waited 3 hours and in the end was able to place my report. Can you say that? Ahhh I can't speak English anymore!!!!! Or French or Spanish for that matter. What am I going to do?! So all that is left to do is to make a claim to the insurance which I am sure will be another lengthy process! But in the police station, I got talking to some other victims of crime. They all seemed to be French! I even acted as a translator between them and the policeman! Clever me! Umm that took up the whole of that day though.
On the Friday, I went home and had a siesta in preparation to go out with the Swedish people again, because I know that otherwise I would get tired and grumpy by about midnight!!!!!! I went to their flat where I got given a few Henrik specials, which really had me rather drunk. Henrik by the way is one of the Swedes. Sofie is another. There are other Swedes but they aren't as friendly as those two! By the time I get home though I think that I will be talking fluent Swede! Although I never understand a thing that they are saying!!!! So after most people had left we then went out to a bar (Sofie didn't come, she decided she was too tired, she was also a not feeling too well thanks to the alcohol. By the time we left the bar it was about 4 am, and so Henrik offered to walk me home. I had been planning on taking a taxi but.......... So he walked me home and then had a rest on the steps outside the apartment building. We had only been there about 5 minutes when another student who is also staying in my family arrived. It was very strange!

But anyway on the Saturday, I went with the Swedes again to the beach. And again on Sunday. There isn't much to say about the beach.....Sun, sand , clear sea. Lovely.

And today we are Monday, and I have a week to go before I go home.

1 Comments:

  • wowser a week, doesn't time fly? how long have you been away now? ugh get ready for wind, rain and cold rather than sun sea and sand. enjoy!#
    Helen xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/22/2004 7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home